Wednesday 9 March 2016

My short career road Star Style

Then there was the other time I was waiting at the hairdresser and photographer realized my way too hard to try hat. I found myself in New York Magazine.

And then I broke the subway hakama pants Yohji Yamamoto.

For some time before the beginning of 2010 I was a star style street.

Okay, "star" is probably the wrong word, but suffice it to say that I was there my photo more than the average man, and I'm a few more standard deviations obsessed with what the average man.

For almost as long as I can remember, I am very interested in clothes. I think it is because, as the son of Vietnamese immigrants, I always wondered how he could mix with other children who had in my opinion a fresh aura so easily that I come needs of his sneakers founded. I remember a large part of my brain capacity from the fifth to the eighth class approached the answer to the question: (Answer:. Outpost Miller) "Where everyone will buy your shorts"

Each could judge, criticize priests develop, evaluate, deconstruct, reconstruct, and appropriate style remixes, constantly.

This concern has been the subject of permutations in high school, college and after college, which come and go like a bad cold. I would probably in some ways the most suitable type for a new graduate twentysomething with a vested interest in the stone pop - culture, similar to the uniform ossified zuckerburg but with more relationships it was one thing, the Internet and the emergence of street style -. blog.

At first, I mostly saw street photography fashion - style in dark lyrics and coffee table books fruit documented strains of young people wearing appropriate clothing for the new revelation.. VICE and they (God, remember - you know) Scene chronic misbehavior so personal style.

The Internet has changed that make the viewer's eye on the World Wide Web. Now everyone was a street photographer, and everyone was a style of street demigod. Each could judge, criticize priests develop, evaluate, deconstruct, reconstruct, and appropriate style remixes, constantly. personal style blogs exploded road. The old street style men - € "The Sartorialist and continuous tilt - began in the mid-aughts and brought a male type documentation stem, the red blood door was open to male fashion.

I lived in the Bay Area at the time. I started my own fashion blog, but meandered between to be philosophically and just vicious. He had a style, a mixture of Pink Polo Kanye DIY and Pee Wee was. It was a nice time adventure, almost innocent Internet mode. Then I moved to New York City.

I had never worked in his case; the whole scene was too intimidating for me. I worked for a time at a start-up of men's clothing, but overall, I strolled on the edge of the road way, visit different low-level events, my account to watch trailers increase Twitter to low values, and hope to my to obtain image.

I strolled along the edge of the road way, various low participation - Level - Events to get my picture in the hope.

And this would happen. A stop on the road, perhaps a brief introduction. Some awkward shots. Did you take your photo in New York on a busy street always attracts the eyes of passersby. Sometimes you feel like a star, which sometimes felt like an idiot. What kids playing dress-up, after all? Then you want to exchange for information. Oh, yes, I am a writer, and to see my blog, and I'll check you, while for the photos finally wait may have been published - to share with his followers, send a brief thank you note, and the game will continued.

Eventually, however, the scene has changed. First there was Instagram, this application has focused on the blog was called Royal style. No need to write something or gaps in a mere 640 x 640 would create developed.

Brand has also become about. They took bloggers and photographers - € "sometimes by the large number of eyeballs they could get, and sometimes their actual technical or creative skills -. And let the feet of the dotted line of blogs had left the company.

The highlight of my fashion "career" called from the road was around 2012 Melody Jeng, fashion photographer road, a date with me and snapped some pictures in a park. She wrote, I liked it. Image was finally collected on a "Best of" Summary of the week from the magazine Complex.

But that was all. In the coming years, a series of publications of the deathblow personal style blog. Dough closed shop and moved to bigger things.

In the speaking business world, it was a classic case of competitive advantage. Social media means that a number of blogs and personalities have been to give first, become the space of the mind and the personal style of the street was disciples full RSS, established networks, provided that at the time was the subject of innovative, then he decided the advantage of a fuck up take. The helicopter took off, and now all that burned in the volcano, languishing was not one of the first with a small number of followers and to fight for the creation of residues.

Eventually, the conclusion was clear: I'm out of the game.

It was during this time that my own personal style changed. Not that he had not lost interest in the way (I was still a bit of an obsessive), but had older me. I have had personal and professional relationships in the long term this kind of outside my age demographics. The serotonin kick my younger must provide Internet connections faceless strangers, do not touch me. These receptors have long been stunted.

The conclusion was clear: I left the game I had my relationships and sprezzatura hooked for vans and graphic T - shirts ..

A few weeks ago I went to one week fashion event near my apartment. It was to show the creature comforts of spring and summer 2016, and even at low temperatures, an important line snaked around the block. While swollen civil wrapped in black jackets, led the faithful manner to the layer. A swarm of photographers who dressed some elegant enough, connected and distributed like a cloud of mosquitoes very come as a VIP fashion.

For a second I thought of the excitement and disappointment of the collapse of the street, feel a stranger to be desperate to be a child from school and want to integrate algebra only in the third period.

I walked like a ghost among the photographers. to save His military baggy pants striped tiger in a surplus, Vans skate shoes, and a shield large balloon fish, box-shaped country. I had my dress especially for comfort (which was very cold, after all), but with a hat some tips on current trends, this hidden rune style, the only discern initiate. I left the game, but maybe someone noticing it even.

But on this day photographers were impressed, and show their lenses elsewhere.


When he is not looking for validation of foreigners with cameras, Michael D. Nguyen is a kind of advertising and writer in New York City life.

No comments:

Post a Comment