Friday 8 April 2016

West 18th Street Fashion Show announces its designer was wild, and designer Anne Gottlieb Commissioner Rachel talks about her role in the event

600x400-01.jpg

The organizers of the 16th edition of the Pasarela West 18th Street have announced their list of designers for the event, June 11, it is as usual a fascinating group (full list after the jump), and the results are bound to surprise another sellout , (Track Presale Mai 1th)

The theme of the wild this summer, but Rachel Anne Gottlieb, curator Designer of the event, talks about his new role in the series - and to the general area - quiet with a practiced, decidedly non-Zen wild High Neck. The Fashion Institute of Technology has a strong graduate work in the last two runways West 18th Street, demonstrated and to lead it now the class of 2016. She answered my questions via email.

El Paso: You are one of those who interviewed to preview the amount of 2014 West 18th Street Fashion, and we will in this story, take the hear criticism from producer. Creative require this kind of thing, but for many of us is not easy to get - or give. How critical element addressed healing, especially if they work with a number of people who return every different process?

My main goal is to be as conservative as low as single all while protecting the integrity of the sample and theme designer. As a designer myself, I want to respect the aesthetics of each participant in the program, and without me with my prejudices about conception imposed on them, my attempts to improve their vision and to clarify that increasing levels building, and slide it better than expected.

Click to enlarge Gottlieb

Love reviews that at both ends. Get criticism it allowed me to see different perspectives and interpretations of my work, so expand my limits as an artist, so my viewfinder understand. Other interpretations are equally, if not more important than his own, and the prospects are quite small insight into how the rest of the world see their work. can let me hear the critics of other creative process and the vision of man and gives me the glorious opportunity to improve their work. Put the two CRITIC forces and to take to really listen to separate their work and their opinions and save pride.

Although the work of each lot varies, I use the same method with all my designers. Before each meeting, I spend time to look at their previous work and to identify current proposals that are me to a better understanding of them and allows me to, what their strengths and possible weaknesses are, before we can find. During the presentation of a designer, I hear fully and try to see things objectively, personal and professional time. to see things through the three lenses is very important to give a profound criticism. In my opinion, I would like to highlight and balance the strengths of their work to date and the work underway before things emphasize that should be improved or investigated.

It is important that we all feel loved and appreciated for their efforts. I am invested so deeply in their work and success and I think all designers and all I really believe work in our criticism and wants to impress me, the community and especially yourself.

The website has many pictures of arrest, and when you look at everything we observe how the environment and feel close to the viewer and other factors, if you look at a piece of clothing or style as a still image instead of the movement as a clue. How - in motion and about when designing something and when you talk to other designers?

The presentation is very important to me, both in my work and design style. From the very beginning process of training design, I believe, the movement of the garment on the carrier, its presence on the court and considered in public. key information about the garment. Personally, I'm very busy and obsessed with details, both outside and inside of the garment. A special feature is that good art is fascinating and beautiful from afar, but will come and new, intimate and beautiful with each step forward.

Click to enlarge Gottlieb contribution to last no longer nomadic Show - Photo by Jeff EVRARD
  • Photo by Jeff Evrard
  • Gottlieb contribution to last no longer nomadic Show

Theatricality is another element that I look for in a time in my personal appearance and dry and is something that I try to convey in my other designers by saving features. Collections same opportunities to tell stories, convey messages and express themselves, and traces are the times in which these stories are brought to life and must exclamatory be almost hyperbolic. When the track with the designers taking into account, we are talking about the public perspective much - the best way to highlight the concept and the clothes, and ways to make your presentations more exciting and participatory. The track is also a collaborative effort, and a lot of magic comes from the work of talented hairdressers, makeup artists, manicurists and models. It is to design in the designer's responsibility not only clothing, but to go in a complementary manner and with them to ensure a compelling presentation, and told me clearly Designer these factors from the outset to be considered.

You're a veteran of this and other shows, which seems at the time to be simple, take mental notes as you want to change things next time, or what works technically and should work again as it is. - it works like experience in your field? Or - to all the old mental notes to throw you in the end for a new collaboration or experiments?

I always draw on past experience. Most of the decisions I made in my position flourished shelf my early years of the West 18th Street, and other indications. It is significant to use this function a demonstration in this city from the perspective of a designer to improve, because we really want to hear the basis of all these events and our needs and fulfill them. Experience is the most valuable thing we have, and should not be cast aside. A person must tirelessly experience to gain more experience, but on their skills to build to use for testing and future projects. I'm obsessed with self-improvement. Regularly take mental notes on small and large things that I can work.

Click to enlarge Pieces of Me, after the current label Gottlieb - Photo by Caleb Blansett
  • Image of Caleb Blansett
  • Pieces of Me, from the current label Gottlieb

Which part of this
at this time concert happier and making itself - to understand that the biggest challenge would be?

Do you support the dreams and goals of the people, especially in the art is what I selected for my purpose in life. given the opportunity to do so in a field that I have been trained in, it's so amazing and motivation. I love everything: able Designer so to speak throughout the day to be able to learn from them through a process of preparation and specialties, and learn everything I learned about teaching design and construction.

The most exciting thing for me is to create a cohesive community of designers, both inside and outside the exhibition, with different skills, which could be of any assistance, information and cooperation. The challenge is not me insert into their designs, while helping with their collections. I could not ask for more. Be conservative is truly a gift.

Sommerwild Designer:

Paige Beltowski and Caroline Allander
Seance Sydney Pener
Bethany Wicker
Kate E. Burke and Christie Nelson
Avery Dennison, Margie and Justin Hogue Atwater
Cheryl Eve Acosta, Nataliya Meyer and Peregrine honey
Anna Van Guim and Jennifer Renee Wilkinson
Hilary Brown and Opal and Gold
Star Brock and Sarah Cramer
Virgina Zetmeir Ngan and Vuong
Tabbetha McCale Evans
Hollie Hermes
Christopher Bender and Hannah Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment