Friday 14 October 2016

Why the lack of diversity in the body offensive Photography Streetstyle

Hardly earned the crown of "the elegant woman of the year" (because I am wrong at least once a week), but I would think about working for the sales success of the women's magazine is a sense of style.

ELLE Wears work June 21, 2016 | ELLE UK

That's me, a draw What you saw ELLE

Victoria Adamson

Okay, I'm not in the same category as Chiara Ferragnis and Miroslava Dumas in the world, but I thought the point was kind of street photography that it really is?

no girls are more realistic size? Would we not be represented?

Looks street style, the lens is designed for the modern fashion, was disappointed that the fishing and to think of something new and different in essence. In fact, it is to fall into the old trap of eyes.

Getty

On Sunday, the Fashion Week in London, of a beautiful woman a nearly identical suit was me - same - a small lace skirt, gray cashmere turtleneck and jacket. We smiled at each other and before you know that photographers had come running.

Here's possession, what you saw gallery Week London Fashion in our ELLE

Victoria Adamson

For a split second, I thought, "Ha saw that we get Twinning and an image of - .. It could not be naive, Billie As I was literally pushed to the side, it was obvious that the image they are looking for, it was the tall, thin dark because it was ambitious and was not ... though our style is the same.

Street Style SS17

Street Style SS17

Getty

I found the street style is to be a point of difference, to come up with the girl the podium, but otherwise not. In fact it's even worse, because it is an unconscious bias that we still sat in the back of the minds of most people.

At least in most of the shows are now pressure to be a bit more diverse. Now more than ever, designers ensure to use a distribution of different skin tones. And if they do not, they are drawn.

Rochas track ES17 | ELLE UK

Similar articles

not defend Paris Fashion Week diversity

But among the photographers to take pictures outside the shows, since the same pressure is consciously diversify in the choice of subjects. This means that the old paradigms of what is attractive and nice occur.

Where the women represent the style in the 30, 40 and 50? Since according to the images in it - style surfaces in the under 30 and over 75, studded the worthy symbol were considered. If what we see is a single woman, as is the game?

Street Style SS17

Street Style SS17

Getty

We have a few photographers who incredibly our street shooting style in it - that is, Victoria Adamson and Georgia Devey-Smith - who always make me feel part of the team when they take my picture when I say the suit me nailed I'm alone and when I do not fear me, either to tell, but as shown below and search trends Street -. sit style for next season that a trend is painfully clear that girls with curves are not relevant.

Getty

Style is not amount to a height which is not a form, age or color. It goes beyond these limits. To a time when women 's empowerment at its peak, I think it's time that we stop judging and start embracing difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment