Friday 26 August 2016

What work as a professional photographer streets style is really like

Make a career out of photography, like any creative field, it is risky. Besides the high cost of equipment, photographers must comply with stirring without blemish just keep a steady income throughout the year.

Street - style, some key Highsnob contained in the universe can contribute - be one of the sub - more physically demanding and financially sets within the profession imaging. Facing the unlimited competition, flights and hotel costs, schedules Fashion Week, fickle weather conditions ruthless and tasks that you need to be on your feet all day, the life of a photographer of street style, all exciting, is not easy.

I approached some pictures of my experienced friends to know what you really need "do" also a photographer, reached the street style. to be Thinking of yourself? Then you can read what they had to say.

For front - shows what the life of a street - style photographers Globetrotter is like, see where they go in London, Milan, Paris and New York Fashion Week.

When did you realize you wanted to pursue photography as a career? How long have you professionally shot?

Highsnobiety

I think it was not a revelation. I have worked in hotels and the people on the street and fashion weeks shooting on the page. The hotel has fired all of my team, and I've never tried to find another job. When I had more time to shoot and handle the business side of things, you just take it a bit and became a full (or more) concert.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

Amsterdam Fashion TV

I love fashion my mother; He was always surrounded by magazines since childhood. The interest in photography comes from my father. Street style and fashion photography in general feels like the perfect combination for me. StyleDuMonde When I started, I was working in the fields of finance and make the style of the street as a hobby. I made to accept the transition professionally in 2012.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

style insider

I think I have two years reached after moving to New York (which was around 2011). It was then that I decided to study to return to school photography (I a Business Studies - studies in France), so he attended Parsons in New York to leave before two years later in 2013. In fact, I started as a professional photographer working in January 2013. - when I threw blue mode.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

Highsnobiety

I take pictures since I was a kid, but it was when I came to London and began to fashion weeks I'm going to go to a professional level, chosen and prepare them. Professionally, I have taken more than two years, so it is not so long.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

Adam Katz Sinding / One of the men

I realized he wanted to pursue photography as a career are there for about three years, when I started working as Nssmag and Highsnobiety with my first international customer. I started taking pictures 5 years of street style, but I can say that I work as a "photographer" for two years.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

What was your first camera?

I have my Nikon film camera father when he died. But the first time that you had to walk around with a camera with my Nikon D70, when it was united.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

The first camera I used was my father analog camera.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

My first camera was a cheap point and shoot Sony "professional" then my first camera was a Canon 7D I sold one year after a Nikon D3.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

About Eve / Highsnobiety

The first was one of the chambers of my father - a Pentax MG still sometimes used.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

My first camera was a Nikon D3000, which was not even me, but my sister, in fact. Then I bought a Canon 40D.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

How much is on camera equipment for a year?

A lot depends on what is published. Nikon Pro two bodies always with me, so when Nikon released a new body, it's $ 13K. I bought the Type-007 and f / 2 lens Leica 100mm fucked my bank a little. I like many cameras and lenses. It is a safe function.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

Last year I spent around 3,000 euros. This year we will see what new cameras and lenses are released. I do not think that you have the latest equipment. Photography is much more than only a good eye and to be at the right time at the right place.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

Fashion blue

It really depends, but I would say 4-5k of dollars in equipment, including film and processing / scanning.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

You never know; if you think all the equipment you need, something else arises as a result of new projects or equipment failures by increasing the use we make. I can not say the exact number because it varies, but is usually high.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

It depends on, to be honest. I spent about 5,000 euros last year. In 2016 around 300 euros so far.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

When Fashion Week, which takes your time?

Adam Katz Sinding / Highsnobiety

There has never Fashion Week. I Men New York, Milan, London and women, women of his men and haute couture in Paris, Sydney, Oslo, Stockholm Almaty, Kiev, Moscow, St. Petersburg, two weeks after the different fashion from one season to another Tbilisi, Copenhagen, Berlin Tel Aviv time, Auckland, Reykjavik and more. I am always adding new ones. I work 340 days a year. Sometimes I want to sleep for running and go.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

There is always somewhere Fashion Week. Apart from women, men and fashion in New York, London, Milan and Paris, which also covers Berlin, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Kiev, Moscow, Almaty and Tbilisi. But as Fashion Week, shooting, StyleDuMonde time working in photo library to enjoy at home or quickly leave.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

Well, I draw some street style when Fashion Week, but a lot of other things, as well as throughout the year. Street Style is not my main goal, even though it may seem, if you look at my media.

Shot editorials for magazines and stores, looking for books for designers, among racks during Fashion Week, increasingly architecture and also worked on a special project of photography for the past two years, which should be ready for summer 2017, so stay tuned!

I am also known as part of a Los Angeles store of purchase Cruvoir and work on a larger project that will be launched next year, so ... So yeah, I do not have time to get bored - even if not the Fashion Week !
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

Among the fashion weeks time, the management of the independence to do. But I also work in other photographic projects that arise between the two; You have time to shoot that require more preparation or projects with greater length.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

Stefano Carloni / Highsnobiety

Fortunately, I am not only a photographer of street style. As Fashion Week, I still have a lot of work; Brands and customer call me projects and campaigns, etc. If I (rarely) am free, I shot publishers with a very personal taste and that's what I would do in the future. I am always on the side street style. I'm tired of it.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

What would you say is the most difficult of his work? What is stress?

Lack of sleep, constant stimulation and constant travel. Lack of time means that you eat like crap and you can not run as much as you like.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

You need to stand stamina for up to 12 hours a day at any time during a full season. You must be prepared for anything. It does not work in the studio, where you can take your time. That said, I love every minute.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

Personally, I would say that the most difficult part of my job is to try to stay organized and to work in a position at the same time in many different projects. a lot of energy, planning and development is required. The biggest expense might be time - even if I am a freelancer, I still meet deadlines, no matter what happens, never forget that the customer must be satisfied.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

About Eve / Highsnobiety

Fashion weeks can be very stressful if you really love your passion, what you do and are, to really perform. Let nonstop from one city to another month, which is really surprising, but not during daylight hours and durable to stop for processing at night. If you have completed a fashion week to pack and fly to another location and start again the next morning.

Time is sometimes a bit odd, may it at -20 ° C in New York or in the rain to be in London, but I love it! I think we all do! Nevertheless, I do not think there is nothing negative; Photos are my favorite rain and extreme cold in New York offers a new experience (Uniqlo a big thing with us made).
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

The hardest part of my job is that work constantly and the competition to fight. The face of the increased burden to customers for late payments, to send with e-mails and of course the post. Some customers are really crazy.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

How financially secure is your job?

I am very good. Say.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

As a freelancer there is no real financial security. The harder you work to pass the best things.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

Fashion blue

Well, compared to someone who is employed in a company and a contract with them to secure it obviously not financially, but I think if you know how to do business and to make your customers happy after each job in will be fine.

As for me, I have nothing to complain about this time, I have prepared my schedule / Jobs / trip in 2017, I'm sure.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

While independence is not financially secure. But I prefer to do what I like, instead of being economically in an office in a business.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

It is not at all sure, because I never know what applications I get in the next few weeks or months, so I never.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

At this stage of his career, you have a constant amount of work to live comfortably in front of us? Or hectic yet?

I love working, so even if I reserve a large campaign cash or a concert, I always like to publish things because I like to do. I really see it as work. Sometimes they are paid well, sometimes you are pro bono. Anyway do get what you want.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

StyleDuMonde

I have a steady stream of income from various sources: allocations, buds and image licenses.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

At this point I can honestly say I have a lot of work is without to make himself worrying how I pay my bills next month. But I think I'm still excited because just the way it works and I feel that no matter how much I probably will, I will never be satisfied. I think the only way to do things you never expect in life.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

At this time, I have a regular income, with the fashion weeks are a big part of it, but even small steps make to establish a more consistent over race. As with any self-employed, you must always work hard, because the skills are important.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

I have a lot work to do; Sometimes even refuse me because I have desires too much work.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

What is the best part of your job?

Adam Katz Sinding / Highsnobiety

Voyager. I can so many places to see around the world, many of whom probably never seen.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

filming The excitement even the friendship of his colleagues, to meet people and naturally inspired adventure, because there is always something happening.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

Just one word: freedom.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

Satisfaction when you know it, if the conditions are particularly difficult. This is something that photographers can only know what I mean. It is a very exciting task. With the ability to a week in a stunning capital to work from different parts of the world, is also fascinating.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

There are not only the best part of my job, there are several. But I would argue that to take good people around the world is the best.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

What advice would you give someone who wants to work in the industry as a photographer of street style?

Your ass out there and do it. Do not just go through my lens, please.
- Adam Katz Sinding, @ le21eme

What separates the best from the rest is a good eye for fashion and photography. Do your homework. You know how the wind blows. You can not shoot anything that moves. Be willing to learn critical of their own work. There is always room to grow.

You must really love and have a passion for fashion and photography. It's not as glamorous as it seems to the outside. This is hard work.
- Acielle, @styledumonde

I really do not know it. Lately, the market has been flooded with dozens new photographers every season, work better than harder than others or maybe come up with something new, so that your photos will not be lost in the mass media. And it is always difficult to remove from the shows, there are sometimes to visit the actual customers more photographers. It is always more difficult than it was when I started, and I'm far from the first generation - that began years before me 5-7.
- Julien Boudet @bleumode,

About Eve / Highsnobiety

There are a lot of skill required, so the best advice is to just be yourself and work hard.
- About Eva @ eva.al.desnudo

Not to be a photographer of street style, more focus to be on a photographer.
- Stefano Carloni @mr_tuft,

  • Main picture: All About Eve / Highsnobiety

No comments:

Post a Comment